This course is conducted at our training centre and will cover all of the following:
- The fire triangle.
- Sources of ignition.
- Sources of fuel.
- Fire safety legislation & risk assessments.
- Fire risks in your workplace.
- Simple fire prevention.
- Finding a fire and raising the fire alarm.
- Actions on hearing a fire alarm.
- Escape & evacuation plans.
- Classes of fire.
- Fire behaviour (Backdraught & Flashovers).
- Methods of restricting & extinguishing fires.
- Understanding the effectiveness & limitations of fire extinguishers.
- Practical use of fire extinguishers and fire blankets on a variety of real fires.
- The role and responsibilities of a Fire Marshal.
- Human behaviour in a fie situation.
- Practical experience of evacuating in simulated smoke conditions.
Please Note: Delegate numbers are limited to a maximum of 15 delegates per course.